Daily Blog #73: Request for research topics

Request for research topics by David Cowen - Hacking Exposed Computer Forensics Blog

Hello Reader,
            Today is a bit different in that I am not looking to push information to the community but rather solicit your feedback and ideas on what to push back to you. Today marks the first day of our intern Rebecca who for the next 3 months will be devoted to forensic research here in the lab. While we have a list of things we want Rebecca to test for the triforce I want to offer a chance to the wider community to have some long standing mysteries solved.

So here is my request to you, either in the comments below or via email (dcowen@g-cpartners.com) give me the following details for what you feel needs testing/documentation for more reliable analysis:

Operating System and version:
Application and version: (If applicable)
Summary of scenario:
Artifacts known to be relevant:
Activity to recreate:

I know what I think is an open topic but as I have always stated, I live in my world of forensics and you live in yours. Let all of us know whats important to you and let me know! I'll have Rebecca on the forensic lunch to talk about her research and I hope in the end we will put out some new papers, test references images and new artifacts based on her work.

Post a Comment