Daily Blog #266: Sunday Funday 3/16/14


Hello Reader,
           It's Sunday and time for another challenge as today's post crosses into the final 100 blogs of my year of blogging. I've thoroughly enjoyed this challenge as it has forced me to keep publishing research, findings, interesting things and other excuses to write a blog.I hope you've enjoyed it as well and I hope to see you at one of the conferences I'll be speaking at this year. One of the one's I'm most excited about is the SANS DFIR Summit, you can read more about it here, where I'll be on a panel of DFIR authors as well as presenting my favorite forensic finds that I've found in the year of blogging. For today's challenge let's talk about mobile phone forensics as discussed by Vladimir Katalov of Elcomsoft on this week's Forensic Lunch.

The Prize:

A $200 Amazon Gift Card, delivered by email

The Rules:
  1. You must post your answer before Monday 3/17/14 2AM CST (GMT -5)
  2. The most complete answer wins
  3. You are allowed to edit your answer after posting
  4. If two answers are too similar for one to win, the one with the earlier posting time wins
  5. Be specific and be thoughtful 
  6. Anonymous entries are allowed, please email them to dcowen@g-cpartners.com
  7. In order for an anonymous winner to receive a prize they must give their name to me, but i will not release it in a blog post

The Challenge:
Cloud backups of mobile devices are now built into almost every major operating system. For iOS devices please answer the following questions.

1. How many backups per device would you expect to find?
2. What triggers a backup to the cloud to occur?
3. What tools currently exist to access icloud backups?

Also Read: Daily Blog #265

Post a Comment